View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Upper Back Neuropathy?

Hi,
So I have had the stocking and glove syndrome for a few years now, burning pain in feet and hands, moving up my legs and arms. A couple of years ago, I started to get the needles and pins sensation, like a mild sunburn on my upper back and neck. This sensation has intensified lately, kind of get the shivers, like there is a draft in the room, even though it is 80 degrees... I figured the other symptoms were SFN, but have not gotten a Dx yet on it. I have been having tachycardia since my bout with a staph infection late last year, just wondering if this could be a systemic neuropathy? Also my BP varies quite a bit...
Seeing the Neurologist for a nerve conduction study in late July, by the time he comes up with a Dx it will probably be Christmas! Figure his appointments are set 2 months in advance, he will probably do a skin punch test after this, that will be September...
I remember my last neurologist saying that the numbness would spread to the other parts, like the face, I will become, uncomfortably numb.
Just wondering if anyone has similar symptoms?
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote