View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have to wonder what antibiotic you were given for your infection.

Some of them cause nerve damage.

I had a staph infection from a black fly bite, over 30 yrs ago. It was pretty awful with high fever swollen nodes over my ear, and swollen face (it was on my eyelid). I was in Maine where they are common and ended up in the hospital ER. The choices for treatment were much less back then, so I was put on Erythromycin (a penicillin substitute). But today, with MRSa and the more toxic antibiotics, it is possible to have more residual problems after treatment.

After an antibiotic and some improvement, I was left with high blood pressure for life. My doctor believed at the time, that the staph infection was the culprit. So I have been on various blood pressure medications since then.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (06-19-2014)