Old 06-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Red face Found Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainalive View Post
Im 22 years old male. I have a skull depression on the left side of my head towards the top edge of the head(parietal region). I got it from a forceps delivery. I used to suffer from left-sided head aches during my late teens,probably migraines. Ever since I would link every problem to my dent on my head. Im slower in writing than my classmates, Im weaker in mental calculations, less working memory , I have some speech problems which began around the age of 11-12. I have trouble articulating some words at times. I fear apraxia of speech. Im a total mess right now. I cant figure out if my symptoms are anxiety developed over the years or because of brain damage. Ive been to doctors.... even had a CT scan. And it seems normal. But now I want to get an mri since CT scans arent good at showing mild damage. But my parents think Im nuts and wont entertain me. I dont know what to do!! I feel like killing myself! coz nobody will even believe me!!! Not even my parents ! And the worst part is that the depression is over the left parietal region(angular gyrus+supramarginal gyrus) which is instrumental in writing,math,speech!! How could this just be a co-incidence!?? Pls somebody help me.

Ive attached my ct scan images, pls have a look. Ive circled the area of the dent in the sagittal plane, notice the darkened area.
After years of trying to find answers for my sons brain injury problems he was referred to a neurologist who referred him to a "neuropsychiatrist" at our university teaching hospital who has been very successful diagnosing and treating the problems from his injuries. He was also referred by this doctor to a neuropsychologist for assessment of the effects of the injuries on his ability to function in many different ways. Now that he knows what he is up against he is working on how to deal with it all - it is a lot but positive progress is wonderful. Good luck, don't give up trying to get the "right doctor" to send you to the "right place".
This Old Mum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote