View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Debi,

Hope the Pain Management doctor will be helpful to you. I had tried the Lyrica, Cymbalta each for short time. Experienced nasty side effects and did not seem to help. Finally went to a different Pain Management doctor referred by a spine/orthopaedic doctor. Have been with this PM doctor for about 5 years. Had tried different injections/procedures; but unfortunately daily narcotic pain medication with instructions of amounts and time lapse between doses, etc. has kept my 24/7 pain level tolerant.

I do have someone come in every two weeks to do floors, vacuuming, etc.; but am able to keep up with laundry and keeping the house in order. Also, while our meals are not as good as they once were, I do make meals that are less time consuming. Without the pain meds; don't think I would be able to manage. I do not drive; but am fortunate my husband picks up most of the groceries. I do go to the local store occasionally with him; but walking around in the bigger stores would be difficult.

Hopefully you will soon get some pain relief. Have not tried seeing a therapist dealing with chronic pain. But probably not a bad idea to be able to vent and not feel guilty complaining to family and friends.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 06-18-2014 at 11:45 AM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (06-19-2014), St George 2013 (06-18-2014)