Old 06-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Dear Debi,

I am so glad you posted to see if anyone on NT has had an SCS implanted for Small Fiber Neuropathy as I think they would be best to let you know their experiences and if it was beneficial.

I hope someone with SFN and an implanted Spinal Cord Stimulator will come along and express their experiences. I will subscribe to this thread to keep informed of any responses.

Wishing you better days. Hoping people with your type of neuropathy will respond quickly and give you some insight on what treatments help and which ones do not, other than just oral medications.

I would also like to throw out a question of my own to the NT community concerning SCS implants. Do they work on the same principle and/or in the same manner as a TENS unit?

If not, what are the primary differences other than the SCS being implanted and the TENS unit being external?

Thanks to anyone responding to St. George.

I agree; would be good to have suggestions other than oral meds. I had tried just about everything; including some years ago, spinal fusion and laminectomy,as well as a failed trial Spinal Cord Stimulator. The oral meds were a last resort.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 06-18-2014 at 12:15 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (06-19-2014), St George 2013 (06-18-2014)