View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 07:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry I should have read everything before I started replying. I have just read the paper that talks about splanic issues - sorry my brain isnt switched on fully.

Did you know that with splanic pooling - post prandial hypoyension one of the first lines of attack ( for the want of a better word) is taking ibuprofen (a nsaid) 30 mins before a meal to see if that counter acts the bodies desire to send all the extra blood to the abdominal cavity? It didnt work with me nor did strong coffee ( another line of attack) mine is so bad that any food group will cause a black out, so I am now taking octreotide injections 40 minutes before eating which work but as usual I can only tolerate one a day!

There does seem to be some overlap between MG / dysautonomia / autoimmune diseases. I wonder if many MGers had a tilt table test if they would show symptoms of POTS or Orthostatic Intolerance.

Maybe we are just ahead of the curve?

Many thanks for your thought provoking post and I am sorry my replies are so lame due to being a space cadet today!

Rach x
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote