View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 07:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New issues after extraction 6 weeks ago - Bryan's can you help again?

Bryanna it seems my issues are getting worse not better. From what I can tell my extractions are healing fine. The sites look pink and healthy, not red or inflamed. Some of the gum does look more whitish than pink and this is more around where the infected pulled tooth was and not the pulled wisdom tooth. I am still in discomfort. It is more persistent and bothersome at this point. It is not excruciating, it does not keep me up at night. I don't really know how to explain the discomfort. Sometimes it does hurt. Sometimes it feels fine. It basically is an aching, sore feeling. My lymph node on that side is still swollen. It has been since before they diagnosed me with the dry socket. Sometimes I feel a weird feeling on that side of my tongue. Sometimes pain radiates to that upper wisdom tooth and to the teeth nearby. Also to my ear and neck. Rarely I feel it in my whole bottom jaw. I notice at work it seems to be more bothersome. I have a desk job and am on the phone a lot. I do use a headset with the phone. There is still a small hole in the wisdom tooth socket that continues to close and heal. I do see white in there which looks like granulation tissue. I am keeping my mouth clean and still rinsing the area with a salt water rinse at night. There is now a hard white bump under my tongue that looks like and is in the place where a tori would be. It's not really near the extraction sight it is under the teeth closest to the site. I don't believe I have been a teeth grinder in the past but do feel I have been doing this some nights since my extractions. Some mornings when I wake all my teeth hurt like I've been grinding them. I am still worried about infection and don't really know how I will know if I get one. It has been 6 weeks should I be in increasing discomfort? Am I developing an infection? Could this be a tmj or neuro disorder. I am hesitant to go back to either the dentist or oral surgeon who keep telling me I am fine when I am still having issues after 6 weeks. I don't know what to do and just want to understand what is going on.
Attached Thumbnails
New issues after extraction 6 weeks ago - Bryan's can you help again?-image-jpg  
Ughthedentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote