View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 10:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Annie,
Every time you ask me a question, I look it up and get an education. Yes, they did serum electrophoresis in April and found no monoclonals. Are monoclonals the same thing as paraneoplastic antibodies or onconeural antibodies?

I read an article which indicated that frequently such markers are detectable in the cerebral spinal fluid when they are not present in the serum.

I've been waiting just over a week for a walk-in appointment here at Mayo, and I'm in the front of the line now. It's a long wait in the chairs. I do hope that the doctors will help me.

Thank you for persisting in responding to my questions. I couldn't find any articles on pubmed about this, except paraneoplastic syndromes. And those never correlate with immunodeficiency issues, as far as I have found.
Becca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
I find this so sad, Becca. Why the heck do patients have to search for studies on "positive antibodies/negative EMG" when that's a doctor's job?!!!

There are plenty of articles in PubMed about it.

Did they give you a reason for the elevated IgA? That most definitely needs further investigation! Did they do serum or urine protein electrophoreses?

I hope Mayo can help you. You do really need all of this investigated.

Be aware, if you aren't already, that we may have severe storms today and more flooding in MN. In the Rochester area, roads are often blocked for miles when that happens!

Annie
becca7nc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote