View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
Hi,
So I have had the stocking and glove syndrome for a few years now, burning pain in feet and hands, moving up my legs and arms. A couple of years ago, I started to get the needles and pins sensation, like a mild sunburn on my upper back and neck. This sensation has intensified lately, kind of get the shivers, like there is a draft in the room, even though it is 80 degrees... I figured the other symptoms were SFN, but have not gotten a Dx yet on it. I have been having tachycardia since my bout with a staph infection late last year, just wondering if this could be a systemic neuropathy? Also my BP varies quite a bit...
Seeing the Neurologist for a nerve conduction study in late July, by the time he comes up with a Dx it will probably be Christmas! Figure his appointments are set 2 months in advance, he will probably do a skin punch test after this, that will be September...
I remember my last neurologist saying that the numbness would spread to the other parts, like the face, I will become, uncomfortably numb.
Just wondering if anyone has similar symptoms?

My ISFN came on fast in my feet, legs, arms, hands and right side so my face.
It took I few years but it did reach my chest and back. It does happen according to my neuro.

However, I have never had the shivers with it. That I'm not sure about. One good thing is the the symptoms in my chest and back are no where near as painful as the original sites.

I hope you get some answers soon.
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote