View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 05:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Personally, I believe most doctors today want to specialize in something because they make soooo much more money. Due to this fact they only know what they specialize in. They can't remember all the things they learn in medical school, residency etc. no one could.

I totally agree. They also aren't motivated to keep their knowledge up-to-date--that's why sometimes the patient is more knowledgeable than the physician regarding new treatments or pertinent information regarding his/her ailment--we do the research.

I definitely think there is a great need for diagnosticians. Most physicians don't look beyond your stated cause for your visit--that's exactly how my lyme went undiagnosed for 36 years. It never occurred to me that I HAD lyme, so I never mentioned it. Diagnosis would have been simple, but none of the umpteen doctors I've visited over the years ever asked me the single most important question, "Have you ever been bitten by a tick?" One blood test would have changed the course of my life for the better. I like to think a diagnostician would have caught it immediately, given the extent of my symptoms.
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (06-20-2014), hopeful (06-19-2014), Idiopathic PN (06-24-2014), v5118lKftfk (06-29-2014)