View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default New Here

Hi Everyone,
I have not been diagnosed but think I might have ON. I am 42 and have had migraines since age 12. They were typically in my temples but once in a while in my occipital cortex. That has increased in frequency over the years. I had major surgery May 21 and after surgery my head killed me. It took me several hours to figure out that the pillow was too thick. As soon as I pulled the pillow out it was almost instant relief. The occipital region has hurt almost daily since my surgery. At times it feels like my head is too heavy for my neck to hold it up. That sounds weird to me but that is how it feels. Since it is happening with more frequency I looked up occipital pain and that is how I found occipital neuralgia. The pain does come up my head to the front above my eyes. I was in a car accident, hit from behind, in 2007 I think it was. I am wondering if that had anything to do with it. And then the surgery and how they positioned by head did something too. I go back to my neuro in August. I hope I can wait that long.
Terri
terbear40503 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-21-2014)