View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countblessings View Post
Hello All,

My physiatrist has been trying to convince me that I have RSD for almost a year...as short as I can make it: I had a cervical fusion done in 2000. Was fine, and then took a fall on the ice a few years after that, put out my hand to brace myself. I couldn't turn my head the next day. Over the past 2 years, I have had reoccuring "bouts", in the past several months it has been continuous. My symptoms in a nut shell are burning, stabbing pain over my scapula [the spasms in my trapezius muscle are horrendous!] Inflamation in my joints, shoulder and neck...pain radiates down my hand, my hand is blue [although with manipulation, I can get it "normal"] sometimes red and swollen...always colder than the other....sometimes, my dh will walk by me and try and touch my shoulder area and I jump.
I have had: shoulder arthrograms with MRI, cervical and upper thorasic MRI's as well...all normal. Have done PT [with little relief, seems that a day goes by and the muscles are back to knots] Massage Therapy...have been on a pain contract for Vicodin for over a year as well [am very good about keeping my dosages way down], have done trigger point injections... I go back to the doc's today, and I believe the next step is for nerve blocks-which I will do, because the pain is unbearable...also seems to be [newly] on my left side as well--a kind of mirror...but I feel the pain mostly in my scapular area [those trapezius muscles] when I try to turn my head...although for the past several days I don't even have to move to feel pain. Oh yeah, a few weeks ago I had a "flare up", and the doc put me on steroids, which did seem to help...for the short term.
So--after all my blathering, do you, who know this disorder far better than I, think it is time for me to "suck it up" and deal? Or should I be searching for other answers?

Thank you so much!
As my grandmother always said...Count your blessings!
Thanks to all and welcome , let's not forget the reason of this post, a new diagnose member suffering with rsd.
Countblessongs,I'm sorry to welcome you for this reason, we all learn by getting education from past posting ,from members ,doing our own research and try to accept was going on with our life's.
In www.rsds.org you will find a lots of information about rsd,treatments and updated researches. I also suggested you to read past postings,that helps me when I first got here. We all can help you with the process to accept and manage the emotional pain, eventually you will learn much more, blessing and welcome again, make sure ,about as much as you can stress, your body flares up with stress and the pain will increases , also relax and rest,get a pain management dr and hope you find a nice one and he gives you the right medical treatment, good luck and see you soon, Jeiska .

eevo61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote