View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 08:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starznight View Post
For 2014 the income limit for an individual is 2000 a month so it shouldn't impact, however if you are living with your boyfriend and he is assisting with your expenses you could be riding a dangerous line as it should be reported as a joint income even if you aren't married and his income would also be taken into account, if not you should be fine... If you want to double check you can find the info on ssa.gov under oasdi and SSI program rates and limits
Thanks for your response starznight!

I've been living with him and his mom (not something either one of us are proud of, but aiming to get our own place soon) for a couple years now. I pay my own expenses and give his mom 200 a month as rent. I pay for my way. He pays for his. Social security is aware of my living arrangements.. and the lady I talked to the other day at SS said that I would send more work info to them at the end of the month. I hope everything will work out on both sides.. I missed working, but it's something I have to be careful with so I don't send myself into another horrible exacerbation. They gave me ssdi after seeing my most recent mri. Tons more lesions and a semi big hole in my cervical spine. Those don't bother me as much as the brainstem lesions.. that's a very important part of the brain and I hope so much the ms won't continue eating away at that area. Sigh.
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-20-2014)