View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 09:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I basically experienced the same thing 8 years ago...ran my tank dry and just didn't know what to do or have any help to get better, so I definitely sympathize with you and your situation. What I ended up doing is taking matters into my own hands. I would suggest you do the same.

There are supplements that you can take to strengthen your adrenals-I like Amazon, but Swanson is also reputable. There are also dessicated thyroid products that you can purchase on the internet that will help with a low thyroid. While not as good as taking Rx thyroid meds they DO help. The best one I found and used was a product by Nutri-Meds:

http://www.nutri-meds.com/Nutri_Meds...p/nm-g-ptc.htm

I used the porcine capsules instead of the bovine (cow) for obvious reasons (ie, mad cow fears). It took several months to see results because you have to start slow and work up your dosage just to make sure you don't over-medicate. In my case, I took it very slow, so it was 9 mths before my energy returned, but it did. I had to take 5 capsules a day, but I felt much, much better.

There are a few other brands you can buy over the internet. I never found them to be as good.

It took me 7 more years to finally get a physician to prescribe actual thyroid medication, and I have an autoimmune disorder with sub-clinical hypothyroidism! For some reason, drs do not take hypothyroidism seriously. I basically had to shame my current doctor into finally prescribing it for me. I'm still not on my optimum dose because he's being overly cautious, but at least I have help now.

I hope you are already on the road to feeling better as well. Take care!
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote