View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, I am so sorry you are going through this. MG has certainly impacted our lives immensely and some days it is a battle you just can't win. Do not feel that you do not contribute because you can't physically do the things you used to. I am sure you contributed your emotional support and some days that is all you can do.

I know how much you have contributed to those in this forum. Just the other day, when I was fighting with the salad spinner and the salad spinner won, I thought of your similar post. Your stories and support have prepared me for the progress of my disease. I am sure I would have cried much harder being defeated by salad spinner if it was not for your story. A salad spinner hardly compares to a raging flood. Yes some days MG just wins and all you can do is rest, regroup so you have the strength to fight the struggle another day.

How do I cope. I decided to stop trying to win and accept my losses. I make sure I schedule something every day that brings joy to my life, no matter how backed up the laundry and cleaning is. It is important to find some balance. This disease makes us put so much energy in the basic necessitites of life, we have no energy left to enjoy life. We must force ourselves to put "joy' as a priority in our life. I hope this helps and your situation improves. I find my joy in quilting, needle work and my dog.

kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-22-2014)