Thread: First crisis
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 03:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default First crisis

I am just returning home from the hospital after my first MG crisis. I had pain in my sides for several days. i thought it was the intercostals, but it must have been the diaghram. It has been 90 degrees for a few days and have been feeling very weak. I thought I was better and tried to return to work. I work in a "green" building that means it is hot and humid because they don't crank up the air conditioning. It was 81 degrees in my cubicle and humid. I could not catch my breath or take a deep breath. I tried to reach my neuro, because I thought if I got enough prednisone in me I could avert a crisis, but I did not know how much was safe. neuro never called back and I ended up in the ER. I heard them mention venting and I begged for the BIPAP. They put me on Bipap and Shot me full of steroids. Spent the day in ICU and 2 more days in step-down ICU. At any rate I avoided the vent, thank God. I am home and feeling much better but I do not want to step outside for the rest of the summer. I am so glad to report that the ER, doctors and nurses, knew exactly the right thing to do. I was hoping for plasmaphoresis, I really think I needed it. Instead they send me home with a boat load of steroids. Is there anything I should have done differently?

kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-22-2014)