View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmM3 View Post
Forgive me if anything I post in this reply repeats information from others. For several years I have noticed that my HA activity worsens each fall season as early as August lasting until late november. it also seems to follow barometric pressures both high and low seem to trigger HA activity.

In addition: Last summer on the 4th of July my programmable shunt was actually scrambled when a lighten strike came down very near me. I was not struck directly but the ground strike was so close that it fried the transformers and surrounded me and others near me in a blinding white/yellow flash of light that was simultaneous with the thunder clap. It actaully moved my setting, jamming it between 2 settings. So most assuredly I do know that weather force can have some affect on our shunts; the only question is how much.

BTW--luckily the shunt was able to be reset without replacement though at first it looked like a surgery situation.
Wow...that's crazy. I just had a programmable put in August 18th. Medtronic Strata. Before now, I never noticed any kind of headache with weather changes, I just had headaches ALL the time. Now, I have practically no headaches, but I do notice I start feeling it some with storms that come in...I know that's all it is because as soon as it passes, I get better. Rather annoying, but as long as it's not an everyday occurance...

Anyone have any headache/shunt issues with SNOWSTORMS? I'm from Wisconsin and kind of leary about the winter coming....
KathiDG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote