View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had RSD for 4 years, was in a motorcycle accident that nearly ripped my leg off. I developed RSD after that injury. When I found out that I had RSD was when I started going through the pain management program. at the time I had insurance. so it wasn't that big of a deal for me. and then I lost the insurance when I went to college. Graduated. Mind you I didn't take any kind of medication while I was in school, only vitamins, which only go so far. Reason being that it was a wood shop environment. didn't want to be drowsy from the meds and cut off a finger lol.

I now work in a wood shop environment, and I'm not willing give up my life for this curse. I still don't take any kind of medication. Except now of course since I'm recovering from the surgery. But when I go back to work. I still won't take any kind of medication.

So.....

I decided to get the SCS after the trial because I'm a pretty active guy despite my RSD I don't let it control what I do. Sure it overpowers me sometimes and I have to take a break but other than that I'm just trying to live my life. I work a full time job at Dean Guitars (that's the wood shop environment) and I also play bass in not one but two bands. I got the SCS because it fit best to my way of life. It also made me feel good the sensation that I get off it is pleasurable. and it had better rate of success as far whether it helped or didn't help for patients than it's predecessor the "Precision". I got the "Spectra" (Boston Scientific). I have been following the instruction of the post opp to the best of my ability, my awesome girl friend has been getting anything that I drop or can't reach. Helps me up and down, Showering....etc.

I'm a big dude (6'7") so they gave me the paddle instead of the lead, and I guess that it's a bigger paddle than they normally use, because for the trial they used just a regular sized lead and it came out in two days because they didn't account for the amount of torque that I posses when I move, also, my vertebrates are larger than most (go figure). Now with that said, doesn't mean that I can run marathons a week after the surgery. I'm still taking it easy.

I'm still feeling good and I'm glad that I did it.
Luthier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (06-23-2014), Rrae (06-26-2014)