View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-lo View Post
I'm not in communication with my PCP since she was no help with the hypo and am looking for a new doctor, but I don't know if I need medical care right now and should go back to my old PCP in the mean time? I get nearly all the classic symptoms of adrenal fatigue that's a good ways along
Many doctors don't like the term "adrenal fatigue".
Quote:
The term "adrenal fatigue", which was coined in 1998 by James M. Wilson,[4] may be applied to a collection of mostly nonspecific symptoms.[1] There is no scientific evidence supporting the concept of adrenal fatigue and it is not recognized as an actual diagnosis by the medical community.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenal_fatigue
You might try try changing the discussion to one of "adrenal insufficiency", which symptoms are similar, and known/accepted by the medical community.

Are symptoms all you're going on? Adrenal insufficiency is easy enough to test for. I went to my PCP, told him my symptoms, and asked that several adrenal hormone levels be tested. As it turned out, 3 of the 4 were low. Two of those are available OTC, and one is available by prescription. I began supplementing those hormones, and started to feel better within a relatively short time. I get tested periodically to monitor where I am.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote