View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Brian

The cats really gave me some laughs. And all I have to say about the little dog is that animals are amazing. It takes patience and love to raise one like that. One of my chihuahua's is almost blind. We didn't know until after we had purchased this expensive little dog. When he got his first shots, the vet told us to return him, that he would have serious problems seeing because his eyes were positioned too far apart on the skull. By then we had this little one too long to give him up. It had been love at first sight. He really grew to navigate using his vision. He stays close to furniture or walls. He's done well for 7 years, but now he seems to be developing cataracts and we know that he will probably be blind at a young age for a dog. He is always, and I mean always in my husband's lap.

My husband took him to the vet one day (by himself) and needed to get gas while they were on the road. He stopped to get gas and Rio was stressed by my husband getting out of the car. So my husband pumped gas holding Rio against his chest. They seem to need each other. I don't tease him about spoiling the dog anymore. People and animals are amazing together when the match is right.

Billye

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote