View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SO frustrated...Major memory issues

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while because I try to just DEAL with many of the symptoms. My biggest concussion was back in '08 (Level 4). Symptoms have only seem to have gotten slowly worse as far as memory, especially the last few months.
I recently had a big life change in April...lost my home to Bank of America. I also started a new job in May.
I am having THE worse memory issues (specifically related to my work schedule.). I can't even explain WTH I'm doing writing my schedule down. Sometimes I misplace the paper I wrote it on, so I re-write it at work again. I get home and find the old one...and it has conflicting dates to what I've written. I have gone in on days I wasn't scheduled three times now, and missed it entirely yesterday. I feel so stupid and so frustrated right now. I am going to start taking pictures of the schedule(if I don't get fired from yesterday), so I have it in my phone clear as day.
Since starting work, I've also had a lot of issues mixing up numbers when I'm logging in to work computer(thankfully haven't messed up at register).
I am not having too many focusing issues other wise.
I do still have balance issues, mood swings, major memory issues(write down any time I take any medication because I often later can't remember if I did or not.)
I have been a horse trainer most of my life (over 25 years any way..I am 40 years old.) so I don't know if this new "normal" job is just overloading me?
I had a severe head trauma back in 2004. I do wear a helmet riding, but a few of the accidents have just been around them. My vet put it in good perspective. A horse's head is like a 70lb sledgehammer.) and have had 2 other mild concussions since that big one.
This was more of a novel than I meant to.
I do not have any money or a primary care Dr. let alone a Neurologist any more.
Any suggestions on what I CAN do? I've googled my brains out hoping to find anyone doing case studies so I MIGHT get snapped up for it.
I don't even know what to say to my employer after missing yesterday. I am so frustrated with so many things right now its very depressing.

Thank you all for any ideas.
DressageSweetie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote