View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, hopeless, for your opinion!

The place that I work at has an awesome opportunity of making money in a short period of time.. I get minimum wage, plus 2.25 for every delivery, plus tips if people would like to do so.

I love my job so very much and wish I could work it full-time. I'd much rather do that than be on ssdi.. but when I was working 20 hrs a week before ssdi, it put me in a horrible place- nystagmus, diplopia, slurred speech, ataxia, aspirating on beverages and saliva, bowel and bladder urgency, extreme fatigue.. gah. I was a mess.

As much as I WANT to say I don't need ssdi, it would be a complete lie.

I really, really dislike ms for the limitations it puts on my life. For the difficulties it throws at me for being only 26. For robbing me of my youth and causing super embarrassing moments that I have no control over (like losing control over my bowels while working 2 years ago, or not getting to the bathroom in time and my bladder losing control).

It has made me grateful for the smallest things in life and has strengthened my soul strongerthan I can ever could have imagined...

Just praying my body won't go back to those days and I can stay working these 2 itty bitty shifts a week.. having some independence again is such a spectacular feeling!

Thanks for all of your help!
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-22-2014)