View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Well, this is an update on our solar charger...

We bought the ReVive folding 14w charger from Amazon that is on the link in the post above this.

We have charged an iPhone 4S twice ... the last charge went from 35% to 100% in an hour and 10 minutes. That is just wonderful IMO. LOL

Putting a pad over the phone with air circulation enabled of the phone, the temp reached 100 F in that time. Next charge we will try a cold flat rock...(from the freezer) with a towel over it, and see if that helps to protect the phone. I've read that 113 F is the upper tolerable limit for this phone.

We did not get a storage battery yet. If this continues to work so easily we may not need one.

I had to charge my phone every 2-3 days, using 4G to get on the internet, last summer. This solar charger is working well so far and is about as fast as the car battery jump battery we used to use.

This charger folds up and is quite small, but a bit heavy IMO. We won't be hiking with it though.

Thanks to everyone here on this thread for their ideas and input!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (06-23-2014), jprinz99 (06-25-2014)