View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks tkirk!

It's great to know that I am not the only one that gets so confused with the ssdi stuff..

I do know that the ssi is what covered the months of not being able to work until the ssdi kicked in. So I got a few months of back pay from the ssi in November and December and just received the last payment a month or 2 ago, all while still receiving ssdi since September.

Had I not been super stubborn and naive I would have had back pay since 2009. But I tried fooling myself and said to heck with it, I don't need disability. And gave up fighting it.. then later that year I saw a side of myself that I never thought would be possible and took a step back to realize it was, unfortunately, a necessity in my life. it's a terrifying experience to have your body in such rough shape, especially at the age of 25. That scary thought of 'what if I don't come out of this?' And have it last for a month or even longer.I must say-us ms warriors are some pretty brave and beautiful souls.

I love working. Back when I was 18-19 I was working 50+ hours a week as a server. And loved every second of it.

The money I make at my current job-if I was able to do full time or even 20 hours- I'd be able to live comfortably in my OWN house. But that's not in the cards for me anymore.

I wish ms would just go away and never show it's face again. Too many restrictions. And I hate that.

I'm glad you're able to do a little work from home stuff! Is it crafty stuff? Or more along the business side of work from home?
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (06-22-2014)