View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Our car charger is really really old. We charge it off house current and it holds the charge for about 5-6 charges of the phones. The Apple-type compatible connector is white and has 2 USB ports in it
for Apple and non Apple devices. We use it in the 12 V access port on the front.

We do have a dual converter plug in for the car.... so it has 2 plugs which have different voltages. I think that is what you are referring to?

The car charger battery I was referring to is a jump starter carry along not connected to the car, but has a 12V plug to run small things off. That is going on 15 yrs old now and really I think its life is almost over. This was designed for camping use where the car is not available or to jump start a dead car battery.

We wanted a new power source other than the "car jump starter" gizmo..which is quite heavy and a pain to lug around etc. It takes about 12 hrs to charge, and we have to take it to the marina and leave it overnight --weather permitting.

So far this solar device is looking very handy. I hope it holds up and doesn't die-- like so many solar devices reviewed on Amazon that I read. We'll just have to see.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote