View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 09:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel22 View Post
I've read most all of this thread and although my B12 test came in high (I think falsely since I was not told to fast and had a multi-vitamin and energy drink that morning) at 1934, it appears there is no harm in taking this vitamin. I am also taking Benfotiamine, R-Lipoic acid and Krill oil. I have two questions about the 1000mcg Methyl B12

1. I started it yesterday and took it on an empty stomach and again this morning. I got very nauseated from it both times and that feeling lasted a few hours. Is this a normal response? I don't remember reading people having that issue.

2. Today when moving a very light chair I got a shooting pain through the palm of my hand. Generally my pain is bone deep toe and foot pain with only numbness and tingling in my hands. The hand is still weak a few hours later. The only new thing is the B12. Is it possibly related to adding the new supplement?
Hi Pixel
Sorry I can not answer some of your questions about the Methyl B12. But I take 1000 mcg Methyl B12 every morning on an empty stomach too. I never got nausea or anything like what you are experiencing. It does not bother me at all. My B12 level is also high, but I continue to take it. ( I don't know if its safe to take B12 when your blood level is high). I also take 150 mgs Benfotiamine B1, along with 1 mg Biotin, Folic acid 800 mgs, Vit C, Krill oil, calcium and 200 mgs Magnesium every day with the hope that it will help with my Idiopathic SF Neuropathic pain.(I'm not diabetic) I have been taking these supplements for over two yrs now, I don't think they are making a difference.
How much Benfotamine do you take ? Does it help you? How much R Lipoic acid do you take? Can I ask you what condition you are treating. And what you take for your pain. I'm also on 350 mgs Lyrica a day, and Tramadol as needed. Nothing seems to work. I wish I could meet someone that says their pain is better with the meds and supplements they take.
I'm sorry your not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.
I'm sure people with more knowledge on B12 will chime in soon..Take care
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote