View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vanessa, I'm sorry you are going through so much. I can't believe the PT'S put you through so much torture.I have been to 4 different therapists. They all just worked on me for a month and when I showed no improvement they discontinued the treatment. The whole time I was having therapy my rsd was spreading so it was obvious the treatment wasn't working. They should have seen you were not getting any better. Never be afraid to speak up and end any treatment that you feel is not in your best interests. I was a RN for over 20 years and am amazed at how afraid people are to speak up to their medical team. Please don't be afraid. This is your body and you have every right as a patient to refuse any treatment you are not comfortable with!
For your question on nerve blocks. Where I go they do a trial of 3 nerve blocks. If they are not successful or only minimally successful they do not continue past 3. If they are successful they will suggest more. The first 1 that I had gave me 20 hours relief from the cold and the mottled color but minimal relief from pain. The next one only gave me 7 hours of minimal relief from all rsd symptoms. For the third, they wanted to do a chemical sympathectomy. I said, No. That was the end of the blocks for me. Every one has a different experience so you have to decide what is best for you.I was 9 months into my rsd with spread already occuring so perhaps that is why they didn't work for me. The PM doc I currently go to feels that for any rsd treatment to be effective it has to be done within weeks of symptom onset {like anyone is diagnosed that early!!!}
As far as your question on the handicapped tag for your car...that's an easy fix. I went on line to the local DMV and sent for the form . When it came in the mail I brought it to my Dr. She signed it..I mailed it...In a week I had my tag. That's the easy part. Now.....finding a handicapped parking place...that's like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.I think we could start a whole new thread just on that subject. Anyway, I hope this helps you out a little. Please let me know how you make out with the blocks.Take care,Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote