View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

It is unlikely that the B12 is causing the nausea. If you take it in the morning on an empty stomach...many people get nauseous in the morning, anyway. You could take it anytime during the day, as long as you wait about 4 hrs after any food.

Some people report here heartburn from lipoic acid. Could that be a concern for you? (not many have reported this side effect, but some have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel22 View Post
I've read most all of this thread and although my B12 test came in high (I think falsely since I was not told to fast and had a multi-vitamin and energy drink that morning) at 1934, it appears there is no harm in taking this vitamin. I am also taking Benfotiamine, R-Lipoic acid and Krill oil. I have two questions about the 1000mcg Methyl B12

1. I started it yesterday and took it on an empty stomach and again this morning. I got very nauseated from it both times and that feeling lasted a few hours. Is this a normal response? I don't remember reading people having that issue.

2. Today when moving a very light chair I got a shooting pain through the palm of my hand. Generally my pain is bone deep toe and foot pain with only numbness and tingling in my hands. The hand is still weak a few hours later. The only new thing is the B12. Is it possibly related to adding the new supplement?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote