Thread: SSD with LTD
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeeanurse View Post
Has anyone had a problem with getting their long term disability even though they have been awarded their SSD?
I have been on SSD since last july being approved after the 5 month waiting period. However, my LTD company(standard) has caused me quite a bit of frustration. They started paying pretty good, then I told them that I had been approved as soon as I found out i was approved for SSD, the very day I got the letter i called them(which is what they instructed me to do). After that point, they told me they had overpaid me and I needed to pay them back 4500.00. After alot of frustrations, they told me that I only needed to pay back 2700.00. wow, i was happy...NOT!! So for the months they kept my LTD checks to pay off the supposed overpayment they paid me, I received NO check at all. I received a call from LTD recently asking me why I didn't tell them that I had surgery in oct. 06, I wasn't aware i HAD to, being as I pay ALL of my insurance premium (bc/bs cobra), and that they had not made a decision as of yet whether I was eligible to receive their LTD, which I paid monthly dues on while I was able to work. I have not heard from them since. I just wonder if, they decide that I'm not eligible to receive benefits, they will say i owe them back pay AGAIN?? I'm not sure WHY, if youre eligible for SSD, and the rigorous medical background that they do, why I wouldnt be automatically eligible for LTD from the company i worked for (state). I hope all goes better for you with your claim GL.
ccshere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote