Old 06-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty75 View Post
Ok, I've got it mostly figured out. It's Mauves/Trophic B-Balance - 15 ml contains a 1mg dose - yes, mixed with B3 and some others I can't recall right now. No - no reaction prior to this, but I had very mild flushing/itching again today the only thing I can I think of is because the spoon I use will hold slightly more than 15 ml if I pour too much. And from what I typically put on the spoon I believe I'd been just under 15 ml (maybe 13?) with no reaction. I'm really just guessing though. I think you are likely correct, and it is the Niacin.
Yes, I think it is the Niacin. you can try blocking that reaction by taking an aspirin 1/2 hr before taking this.(If you are allowed aspirin, that is, by your doctor).
Make sure this liquid has an current expiration date, as vitamin liquids tend to be less stable than tablets.

There is a flushing warning on the label, and it says to take with food. If you do that you risk losing the B12 absorption, so your options are to buy a separate B12 and take that properly on an empty stomach, or take this liquid on an empty stomach which will likely increase the flushing risk of the niacin. Your decision.
http://www.vitasave.ca/energy-b-balance.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote