Thread: First crisis
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I know, medicine is stupid that way. "Let's see how blue the patient can get before we give them oxygen."

There is such a thing as home health care. Nurses can come to your home and draw blood, if a doctor will authorize it. They can check your D dimer, and even do an arterial blood gas. Good grief, why aren't they being proactive here?

I went to see my primary doctor too soon after my crisis. My breathing was so bad that it affected my heart (showed up on ECG).

I agree about the chest x-ray before IVIG or pheresis thing, but you can wait until you get to the hospital for that to happen! No extra trip necessary.

I know, it feels very lonely to go through a crisis. And after one. The best thing you can do is stay very still, calm, and think of the best thoughts you can. Puppy kisses help, too. But don't be shy about dialing 911.

Kathie, I'm sorry you're going through this. This is the time when MGers need the most support. I know you can get through this.

Imagine a 60 degree day, lying on a cozy chaise on a white, sandy beach, the wind ever so gently grazing your skin, and the sound of waves rhythmically going in and out . . .

Annie

I thought about something else. Duh. Your kidney function is lower, right? I hope they'll keep checking that as well while on steroids. If you might have lupus, someone needs to keep that in mind with everything they do for you!

Last edited by AnnieB3; 06-23-2014 at 02:27 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-26-2014)