View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sorry Bryan's should have been Bryanna. Still need help...

At this point I am pretty sure the problems I am having are tmj related. I'm trying to take it easy and not work the jaw too much. Some days/times the discomfort is worse than others. I think this has been the problem since having the teeth extracted. I almost think the dry socket was misdiagnosed after all The dentist diagnosed it at day 10 and the symptoms I complained of could have fit both. Soreness, jaw pain and stiffness, ear pain and referred facial, neck and upper jaw pain. All symptoms I am still struggling with today more than 6 weeks later. I also have tinnitus. The hard white bump seems to be bone and has a symmetrical bump on the opposite side of my mouth. That one isn't is big. I am wondering if my teeth are possibly shifting. The tmj symptoms are greatly interrupting my life. They are constantly there and uncomfortable and sometimes painful. I do not know how bad this is, how long it will last or if it will go away on its own. I really don't know what to do. My dentist doesn't want to help me anymore. The oral surgeon didn't seem concerned or helpful. Granted I haven't seen either one of them in a couple of weeks. But they said I was healing, no signs of infection and just to be healthy and wait it out. Bryanna told me the same. I have followed this advice. This is just hard because I have a constant reminder that I am still not healed. I keep worrying about the pain and discomfort and why it continues and if it will ever leave. I keep worrying about infection setting in. How would I even know if I'm not feeling well anyway? I honestly just don't know what to do. If this is still at a point where I need to "wait it out." If I can help myself or if anyone else can help me. Do I have a tmj problem? Do I try to go back to the dentist who did this to me or the oral surgeon who didn't seem to care? Neither one wanted to help me. Do I try going to my doctor? Do I just live with this and hope for the best?
Ughthedentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote