Old 06-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Debi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Strange that I read your post right after my son decided he would 'step away' from our family for awhile Said he was leaving our 'world' and then proceeded to say some really mean things. He has never, ever talked to me like this before. This is a son that calls me 2 to 3 times a day. Comes over on and off all week and is usually here or at my daughter's house on the weekends because his wife works the 3rd shift on Fri, Sat and Sun nights.

This is all happening because he found out something that happened when we were on family vacation last year in St George. Between his step son and biological son. They were 12 at the time....it was really stupid thing for my biological grandson to do but not something you throw your family away for. My son is 33 and as close as we have been all these years I know even if he comes back it will never be the same. There are some things you said that can never be taken back. 10 years ago I would have crawled up in the recliner and cried for days....not now.....I fought cancer and received in return SFN. I'm a stronger woman now than I have ever been in my whole life. I told him to call me if when he wanted his family back.

Anywho......my mom.....Sara.......has settled in nicely in the addition. Her dementia is getting a little worse and I'm thinking we need to go up on her med. Can't remember the name now but it's on TV all the time in commercials. She's on 5 mg and I think she needs to go up to 10 mg. Caregiving for her has been pretty easy so far. It's very hard for me since I'm in bed about 3 days a week. I love having her here and have figured out not to argue with her. Just agree and go on. She keeps us laughing now with her little remarks. Something she would have been mortified if she had done it 5 years ago...lol.....my husband's aka is Ricky....we call him Bubba.....she was sitting at the dining room table the other night an called him "Ricky Dickey" and then 'Hon'....too funny since she called her mother-in-law by Mrs. ----- all her life. Just cracks us up.

She stayed with my brother while we took our family vacation in May (due to the above I'm guessing that's over) and she was so glad to get 'home' to her addition. My daughter has repainted the inside of mom's house. Beautiful beach colors but she won't let her smoke in the house......a house she smoked in for 30 some odd years But she takes it in stride and goes to the porch to smoke. Nice screened in porch.

To everyone that is taking care of someone they love ...... you are a wonderful and caring person and will be repaid ten fold for doing it out of love.

Take care everyone.

Debi from Georgia

Some years ago, one of my daughters and I had a very difficult and strainful situation. Thought things would never be the same. Really is surprising what time can do. The memory of good times returned.

Hopefully, time will allow the sense and love that is now covered to arise fully between you and your son.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-24-2014), St George 2013 (06-26-2014), tamiloo (07-06-2014)