View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 05:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank yall so much!!!

My scopes showed esophagitis, gastritis, (abnormal Z line as well), and then my colon was friable everywhere they biopsied... The small bowel follow through showed possible polyps in the small bowel.. though my pill cam didn't show anything abnormal (I had read inflammation, and of course cancers AND celiac can cause small bowel polyps)..

my blood tests were negative for celiac.. my scopes didn't appear like celiac.. though I was gluten free for all of the above for a while.. before this last scope, I attempted to "gluten it up" for 4 days prior.. but I had read you should for 6 weeks to be accurate.. those 4 days I didn't eat much, as it made me sooo sick.. I have 2 family members with celiac (diagnosed as adults).. and I had massive weight loss/malabsorption 3 years ago when this all started.. The more I ate.. the hungrier I was.. I thought I should just eat more and more cookies, I needed calories.. but the more I ate, the more I lost- it was crazy! So, I stay gluten free strictly.. have been for 3 years.. I attempt it every once in a while - but I get blisters on my hands and then worsened GI issues + wt loss..

30-90 min after I eat.. depending on how calm my GI issues are in general.. at the worst about 20 minutes after I eat I can have pain and start feeling a LUQ tummy ache.. When I am having a bad flare.. the second I ate, I have to use the restroom.. 90 min after I eat things usually have calmed down, unless it's an all day mad GI day.. I also can have an issue where I develop tachycardia and get flushed about 10-15 min after I ate.. and sometimes it stimulates massive hunger...

I actually have a Rx for xifaxin to take to treat SIBO.. but I wanted to wait until I had a few days off work to start it! Yall heard of this?

Again, I am supposed to be taking a PPI.. but havne't, as I want my body to have a better chnace of absorbing the B12 first...
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote