View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 09:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Effect of Physiotherapy Interventions and Diet Management in Parkinsonism - A Review

The information really isn't new, but I thought it was an interesting review of what most of us already know. I also think we can never stress too much how important it is for PwP to maintain a good, balanced, diet and to exercise as much as possible.

4. Conclusion:
It is important for the parkinsonism patient to maintain a balance between diet intake and physical activity. Balanced diet ( nutritious plate) including all the essential micro and macro nutrients should be given to patient. High biological value proteins should be included in the diet of patient but there should be a gap of 30 minutes from intake of Levodopa. A high protein diet, however, may limit levodopa's effectiveness. Physical activity is an essential component of parkinsonism patient. Exercising help people improve their mobility, stiffness and increase range of motion. It is advisable to practice these exercises in proper regime in the presence of physiotherapist. Home programs are also taught by physiotherapist to patients. Exercises also improve balance, helping people overcome gait problems, and can strengthen certain muscles so that people can speak and swallow better. Exercises can also improve the emotional well-being of parkinsonian patients by giving them a feeling of accomplishment.

http://www.ijsr.net/archive/v3i6/MDIwMTQzNDI=.pdf

Last edited by Tupelo3; 06-24-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (06-26-2014), Nan Cyclist (06-24-2014), soccertese (06-24-2014)