View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First... HI... and I am so very sorry you are going through this!

You are unfortunately in good company... most of us have been in this deep depression that you are in..

Good news, you have the support of your parents... that sometimes is some of the best support you can get...

Can you get out more than once a day to walk.. maybe not as far but just more often?

I have put on about 50 lbs since my accident... my guess is it is do to depression... this week i have tried to start eating 5 servings of fruit and 5 servings of veggies per day with some lean protein... yes, i know it does not sound as good as pizza or take out... but hopefully it will help me have a more positive outlook if my body can feel better..

Have you looked into a support group in your area? a group of people who have the same issues... it sounds odd but sometimes having someone validate your feelings and symptoms is a great help for your metal state...

Again, I am so sorry you are having to go through this... please use the people here that have been here a while.. they are VERY knowledgeable and can offer you a lot!
The Start: MVA, t-boned, on 1-12-14 (my sons 5th birthday) and did not think anything of it.. my back hurt on site but everything else seemed ok. Lost about 10-12 hours from about 3 hours after the accident to the next day...Experienced terrible brain fog for over a month, plus intense headaches, nausea, dizziness, cognitive difficulties, disorientation, no short term memory, depression and just an overall hangover feeling daily.

Current Situation: I'm about 7 months in and my local neurologist has waived her white flag and therefore I am headed to Dallas to be seen (I have family there). The headaches are still daily. I have nausea, dizziness as well.

Drugs I have been on- Vicodin (off), Naproxen (off), proanolol (off), topamax (off), cataflam (off), Midrin (off), Flexeril (off) and now Namenda XR (off), Nortrptylin (off), Verapamil (off)

Therapy- Osteopath, Vestibular and balance therapy, fuzion/soft tissue massage, acupuncture

Drs- ER (no help), GP, Chiropractor, Neurologist and Osteopath
SarahSmile0205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (06-24-2014)