View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomWriterStudent View Post
I'm so sorry that you are going through this, Galaxy.

I had similar feelings during the first month or two of my concussion. I cried constantly and was like, "Why me? Why does God hate me so much? My life is over." I mean, I really felt like it was over and I had nothing to offer anyone.

Thankfully, that got better with time. I'm 6 months in now, and I feel a little bit better each day. My doctor originally said I'd recover within a few weeks...then a few months...and now he's saying a year or two. Recover fully, that is.

As far as your walking goes, I am up to 1.5 miles a day now. I used to struggle to even walk .25 of a mile. I would take 5 or 10 minute walks, very slowly. Now I do 1.5 miles in less than 30 minutes. For me, that's a huge improvement.

You're on the right track with your meds and supplements, it seems. I think you will continue to improve. I think I had a big improvement around 4 months. I'd have to check my journals.

Do you have an iPhone? I have an app called Map My Walk. It makes it easy for me to increase my mileage by just a little bit each day. It keeps track of how far you walk and how long it takes. That keeps me from overdoing it.
Thank you for your encouraging words. I am sorry for your struggle and hope you continue to improve further. I am still trying to figure out what happened. I am overwhelmed by the experience and I am somewhat denying that I had a trauma and things have changed. Really hard to accept. No doctor has been able to tell clearly what's happening to me and that's scary. I am trying to maintain a good diet and eating lots of fruits n veggies. I don't run or even bump/jar my head. I am avoiding all uncomfortable situations and really listening to my body and taking plenty of sleep n rest. You can say I have withdrawn myself from the life totally and just go for small walks. I will look into the app you suggested, seems helpful. Thanks
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MomWriterStudent (06-26-2014)