View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk... newbies cannot edit until they pass out of the temporary moderation status. It won't be long now.

I have a few comments:
1) I'd get the MTHFR DNA testing to see if you have a methylation problem. Pregnancies would put a huge stress on this system because folic acid is not active in people with this polymorphism. (the Deplin you were on is methylfolate) So taking folic acid is like nothing! Estimates today are that 10-30% of people in the US have this problem. It can range from 35% defect to 100%. Meaning some mild forms squeak by with fewer symptoms.
Your MCV is borderline high and your MCH is high which indicates a macrocytic anemia which comes from low B12. Taking both methylcobalamin and methylfolate may help you more. They are both OTC and easy to find these days and not expensive.

2) pregnancy also uses up Omega-3s in the mother, as the fetus takes alot of EPA and DHA to form its nervous system. So some flax oil and fish oil may help. Taking a good magnesium supplement also helps these get metabolized properly. DHA repairs nerve and other cell membranes.

I'd wonder about vaccines you have had ... vaccines can trigger autoimmune disease in people with a genetic tendency for this.
If you work in health care today, you have had some vaccines, most likely. I have a vaccine injury thread I just bumped up today on the Sub Forum here. GSK continuing over a few years to make contaminated vaccine products! (even after being warned by the FDA).

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread163906.html

There are so many things now in our environment, that can cause nerve damage, and this makes diagnosis very difficult.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote