View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laupala View Post
Hi everyone,

I've started on 10mg of amitryptiline each night to try to help with sleep and headaches. I know that it takes some time to feel the effects, but I'm wondering if anyone experiences worsening headaches from just starting amitryptiline? I'm on day 2 and it seems that my headaches have gotten worse.

I'm afraid I may have complicated the situation my first night of taking it, when I woke to go to the bathroom and was sort of dizzy after opening the door and kind of fell into it. I didn't hit my head at all, but it was jarring (and if you've seen other threads I've started you know I have a non-helpful fear of minor head bumps) and caused me to not get great sleep the rest of the night. So, maybe my worse headaches are from this jolt, but even I'm doubtful, as it wasn't that forceful and I think I was so startled just because I was sleepy.

Thanks
Hi,

It takes time for amitriptyline to take effect. I also started on 10mg and that took at least 8 days to take effect. Like you when I started I felt worst but that soon passed and did assist with the headaches and overall a well feeling. Stick with it and you will see a difference.

Regards
Rosa
Afrochick73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote