Thread: Huperzine A:
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the information, Mrs. D! I suspected you might still be having trouble with the huperzine. Too bad. It looks like it works, but I wonder who can tolerate the side effects.

I actually browsed the PD forum extensively about DM before I joined. The information was very helpful, but at that low dose, I experienced no relief. I've been on DM for at least 2 months, going up slowly to find the level where I get maximum relief. I now find that it is 120 mg/day. I was pleasantly surprised to find that at this dose I could discontinue all my other pain meds (twice daily Tylenol and once daily Alleve) and have better control of my pain.

I then decided to discontinue my 50 mg Topamax to see if it would handle the PN. To my delight it did indeed. The topamax worked well, but it had side effects (severely dry hair-some report hair loss-and tingling in my fingertips). The only thing it doesn't handle is the fibro pain..didn't even touch it. Had to resort to the tramadol.

I don't take ADs because most disagree with me, especially the Serotonin acting ones (so that excludes most of them), but thanks for the tip! And I started the magnesium oil yesterday because of your recommendation in other threads..so thanks again! I bought the spray rather than the lotion, and it goes on really easy. Too soon to say if it's having any benefit, but it certainly isn't hurting anything and I needed to add magnesium to my regimen.
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote