View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevo61 View Post
If you decided to get scs permanent keep in my the recovery time is longer than the trial period,and you need help to do several of your daily routines ,shocker,laundry,dressing, bending and twisting a big no also your battery can migrate and suddenly your signal can get lose or hitting the wrong areas ,that's painful.
whatever you decide we hope works the way you expected, it was hard for me ,I will say is still hard for me to deal with a second repositioned from buttock to abdomen, my left was compromise with rsd and make it worse, my pm dr did not considered rsd but two of his colleague agreed that rsd was already in my good leg now I have rsd in both, a second device might be implanted or cables added depending on what the neurosurgeon decide.
You have to give enough time to heal ,about 3 months for the permanent,that what my PCP which is my ortho ask for me being out work for three months to be heal completely but is being around 18 months and I still not able to go back to work, rsd and scs makes the restriction impossible for my company to accommodate me ,so thing also how you will be affected in the future ,at course is only your section and hope everything work well in the first try,best wishes and good luck from Jesika .
When you got the SCS did you only have one lead connected to it? You can attach multiple leads to a unit depending on which one you have. The one that I have, I think you can attach 2 but with others I think it can be up to 4. They might just have to put another lead in and they might be able to program them separately. I know that's a lot of "mights" and "maybes" but it's worth looking into. Which SCS did you get?

I wanted to add, that as far as the way that my SCS works, it's "stimulating" both legs, groin, and probably 4 inches above my waist line. I haven't been programmed yet, but that's what the trial did too when that was programmed. Now I only need for my right calf, that is where the RSD is centralized, but it feels good so I don't really care that much.
Luthier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote