View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No I haven't, aside from the headaches (without vomiting or dizziness) and feeling better afterwards, for the most part it doesn't fit with the symptoms.

I had considered idiopathic intercranial hypertension, which could be associated with ms, but decided I was brushing up too much on my old Latin courses... All though most of this is Greek to me ha ha...ha...

Sorry couldn't resist... But for the most part my MRIs have been fairly unremarkable aside from the possible lesions, and in my first MRI it showed enlargement of the optic nerve that was resolved in the second MRI which coincided with some vision issues I was having, and the sudden reversal of them...

It's the same thing that keeps the pain mgmt dr and orthos scratching their heads too. MRI of my ankles shows severe tendonosis of three tendons in the left and the same three in the right, however every thing else is clear, no fluid build up, no damage, wear or loss of density to the bones, no effects to the ligaments or surrounding muscles, no deformities...

A remarkably well-turned healthy set of ankles apart from... Which has me often teasing the doctors that I'm probably the healthiest, decrepit patient they'll ever treat...it's all good till they start agreeing.

Even my EMG was a head scratcher, the test was completely normal, other than it wasn't.... That is the nerves are talking, freely passing conductions back and forth, no sign of muscle damage, but my reaction to the test went beyond simple pain tolerance. The nerves might have been chatting in mandarin for all my parietal lobe cared. Even when they got a muscle spasming, and started apologizing, offering to move the probe, I didn't feel a thing. The skin didn't even flinch when they stuck the needles in.

But the results were normal, the test....well.... They didn't know what to make of it. Still don't, I've a total of three, each one left them more confused. Especially when they checked the reflexes after the last two and the reflexes worked just like they're supposed to. Other than failing that one finger flick test to check for ALS, they flick the middle finger and the thumb moves, only it's not supposed to.

I'm telling ya... Alien... That's gotta be it, I always knew my siblings were right, I was found in a garbage can, and my mom claims she carried me for ten months... Ha! Or maybe that's normal for aliens
Starznight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
msarkie (06-25-2014), SallyC (06-24-2014), tkrik (06-24-2014)