View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If you had shingles already.... that suggests your immune system is low...or your dietary arginine content too high. Arginine is an amino acid that signals viruses to activate and replicate. It will trigger Herpes out of dormancy.

Heavy metals include mercury. (along with cadmium, arsenic which is common in the environment, and chromium, and manganese which is an additive in gasoline).
It is a standard test for people with nerve damage symptoms. There are blood tests, urine screens, and hair analysis.

Expecta is made from algae grown in vats and is vegetarian.

Most quality fish oils are purified, and good companies include Carlson's and Nordic.

A standard fish oil has EPA and DHA in it.
This is my EFA thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread6092.html
My son has ADHD and responded very well to DHA supplements, well enough to discontinue his ADHD medications. Low levels of EFAs in children have been found to lead to ADHD.

The link I gave you above has the NEW lab as of 2012...for you to research that. It is not Igenex. (for the Lyme testing.)

Methylcobalamin is very common now. I've used Jarrow's back when it was one of the only sources. Then Puritan's came out with theirs, and I tested that out (had blood levels drawn with it) and now we are using the Costco brand.

I have just seen methylcobalamin at Sam's Club! Any of those would be adequate and are very inexpensive too.

Methylfolate used to be common then Merck decided to withhold it from OTC sales for several years so RX versions could make more $$. It has returned OTC now, and Solgar was one company that contracted with Merck for OTC sale again. You can buy it at some quality health food stores, at iherb.com
and Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Folate-800-Met...lgar+metafolin

800mcg should be enough for most people.
I think you should start at 5mg of methylcobalamin daily on an empty stomach (no food for 1 hr after)and get retested in 3-6 months. Stop the B12 at least 5 days before testing. If you are over 1000, on that retest you can drop down to 1mg daily if you desire, but you don't have to.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 06-25-2014 at 08:22 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
windypetunia (06-26-2014)