View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannabananna View Post
trust she will find her way Eva...You raised her...she knows right from wrong..it is her journey to make mistakes or not....she knows you love her.

For all my prayers and fixing for my son and wanting to make his life the way I thought it should be.....all I thought as good intentions and prayer....I had no right to interfere with his life lessons....I only prolonged them and made myself miserable. It also gave me an excuse not to be working on myself and my own issues of codependency.

hang in there ...hold the faith
HB

HB,

So very true; enabling him caused you the price of not taking care of yourself. You seemed to have come thru with the codependency lesson.

Was there; done that; learned my daughter had to find her way. Thank God; she is for "today" doing well. I am there for her to bounce things off of; but not unwittingly pushing her away by offering my suggestions. She said she is grateful for that. Expressed this to one of the parents of a boy she has been trying to help. My daughter asked me last week if I would be willing to talk with the mother.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-26-2014), Hannabananna (06-27-2014)