View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi lisamull,

Thanks for the kind words.

I am going to re post some of your thread and reply in bold type.

<<I had an infected tooth under a bridge. When the root canal was finished, the endodontist said that the disinfectant he put in the canal "went right out.">>

ROOT CANALS DO NOT MAKE AN INFECTED TOOTH HEALTHY AGAIN. THE TOOTH REMAINS INFECTED AND SOONER OR LATER THE BACTERIA SPREADS TO THE BONE, ADJACENT TEETH AND BEYOND. THE COMMENT BY THE ENDODONTIST ABOUT THE DISINFECTANT GOING RIGHT OUT.... THIS COULD MEAN THAT EITHER THE TOOTH WAS BADLY DECAYED OR FRACTURED OR HE PERFORATED THE TOOTH DURING THE RC PROCEDURE. MEANING THE DISINFECTANT WAS INJECTED BEYOND THE TOOTH. THIS IS NOT GOOD.

<<Because all of my pre-procedure symptoms have continued, I assume that (1) the infection is still there and also (2) that it may have spread because he perforated the apex>>

YES AND YES.

<<I have been on amoxycillin for 10 days and since the root canal on Vicodin. How long do I wait before I ask for an extraction?>>

IT IS BEST NOT TO WAIT AND YOU MAY NEED ANOTHER RX AFTER THE EXTRACTION.

<<They seem unconcerned that I have more pain now than before.>>
IT IS BEST TO SEE AN ORAL SURGEON TO HAVE THIS TOOTH REMOVED.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote