View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 10:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I meant to ask you how many mgs of dextro you worked up to? I've been taking it for 2 mths now and upping the dose slowly, since there are no guidelines to follow. I tried 90 mgs for a while & it didn't work for me-however, when I hit the 120 mg mark and above (150 mg at most) the relief kicked in-not just PN relief, but relief from the constant ache in my SI joint, as well as constant tendon pain. But it doesn't touch the fibro pain AT all. Not a bit. That's where the Low Dose Naltrexone saved the day. It melted the leg pain away and it hasn't returned since I've been taking it.

The best I can figure, the LDN works on substance P pain. There aren't a lot of meds that do. Dextro works on NMDA pain. I know that may not make a lot of sense, but I've been researching the anatomy of pain and inflammation lately, learning the mechanisms which drive pain so I can find some solution to relieve it. That's how I discovered Dextro-it is an NMDA antagonist. So is Ketamine, to which it is related. Since neither Dextro nor Ketamine helped your pain, perhaps the mechanism behind yours is Substance P, rather than NMDA. Just guessing though. If so, maybe you need to look for a Substance P antagonist?
Breia Lee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote