View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bryanna,

Thank you for your response and sorry for being impatient.
I've just been in a world of worry and honestly you have been more helpful than my dentist or oral surgeon. The gland is not tender to the touch. I do feel like the gland is decreasing in size and hardness this morning. I noticed the gland issue days before they diagnosed me with dry socket but it could've been swollen before that.

I don't think I am consistently grinding my teeth. Most mornings when I wake my jaw is achy but sometimes all my teeth are sore and I think this would be from grinding. It has only happened a handful of times since having the teeth extracted. Why does the photo indicate bone deterioration and will this eventually require additional dental work? What do you think about the hard bony lump? Also do you think the infection before extraction would have required any scraping or cleaning of the bone post extraction? If my dentist did this she did not share it with me.

The jaw pain/discomfort has been a little better yesterday and this morning it wasn't as sore when I woke up. It feels achy, especially into my ear and neck and sometimes my collar bone even aches. I've also been having almost an itchy sensation in the jaw and gums and ear. What does this mean? The tinnitus is driving me crazy but I can deal with it. The clicking and popping noises even seem less frequent and uncomfortable. Is this a good sign the problem is resolving itself? I have been very careful with eating softer foods and keeping good posture. I have even been doing a couple of the easy going tmj exercises.

I am very hesitant to go back and see my dentist. The last time I saw her she was rude and told me she couldn't help me anymore. She seemed angry and defensive that I kept coming back. She referred me to an oral surgeon and as I told you he blew me off as well. It is hard for me to find quality care because of my insurance I can only see in-network doctors or it is not covered at all. I do not have the money to go out of network. At this point I do not value the dentist or oral surgeons advice. I am afraid first that they will blow me off again and second that they will want to do something that will harm me further. This whole experience has only increased my fear and worry about dentists and dental work and it was pretty bad before.

Bryanna I want to apologize again for being impatient. We are all very lucky to have you volunteer your time and advice. You are truly a wonderful person to help so many others as you do. I send you a heartfelt thank you Bryanna....as I said you have helped me more than my dentist or oral surgeon.
Ughthedentist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote