View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 09:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imahotep View Post
Thanks for the thread. There are a few of those I haven't tried and am willing to.

I'm pretty sure this has to be kicked a little at a time starting with getting off the medication because I had it almost kicked once (40 to 60%).
Hola Imahotep.

Just want to say I find your theory on a possible microbial link to be really intriguing. I am 100% positive that from a purely physical standpoint, we're looking at an autoimmue condition. So it would make sense that there could also be a primary microbial influence in some cases, as a result of an already compromised immune system. The fact that you noted improvement from antibiotics regimens in the past is strong anecdotal evidence of this.

And the vast majority of initial cases are related to specific physical trauma. Spread is a further example of this. These traumas aren't the direct cause; they're just physical "triggers."

For me personally, RSD was triggered by ankle surgery. Going into the surgery at the time I thought I was in great shape, doing all the right things. I know now for a fact that my immune system was already completely shot to h*ll well prior to the surgery.

I hope you are back to 2003 and beyond soon I'm no expert, but do believe that unraveling the ingrained pain "mapping" within the mind is the key for longer term sufferers. After all, you don't have RSD pain when you're dreaming...
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jimking (06-27-2014)