View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 02:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryW View Post
I get my products from CHK Nutrition. DBS Labs, who do the tests, will only allow CHK products since store bought products may vary from the labeled amounts and it needs to be consistent. I am a pharmacist so I buy at wholesale. Normally CHK deals only with practitioners who mark up the products before charging the patient. That said, I currently take 7 tsp (equivalent to roughly 50 capsules) of D5 Mucuna 40% powder daily. A 540 g jar (216 tsps) costs me $175. D5 (5-HTP) is $64 for 240 capsules. I take 2 capsules per day. TyrosineReplete is $26 for 180 capsules. I take 18 per day. It also comes in powder which is cheaper. CysReplete is $30 for 180 capsules. I take 6 per day. So a month's supply is roughly $296 at wholesale given my present dose. As I said, your practitioner may mark up the price, and pending the lab tests my dose may change. When you reach what they call phase 3 your dose is more or less fixed after that.

I was diagnosed with PD in June 2011. Since then I have explored about every healing modality out there but have eschewed prescription drugs. The neurologist, after the 10 minute diagnosis, prescribed ropinirole, the dopamine agonist. Being a 64 yo pharmacist, drugs scare me, so I never filled the Rx and I never went back. Unfortunately, nothing had helped the symptoms which got worse. When I say I feel almost normal now I mean I took my dog out for a mile walk for the first time in months. I used to dread just stumbling to the mailbox. Just getting out of a chair was a chore. My postural instability has corrected so I no longer experience retropulsion or have to hang on to things. I still have a slight left thumb tremor once in awhile but nothing bothersome and nothing like the shaking before. The method claims that once the proper balanced combination of aminos is found the results are rather sudden. That was true in my case. I went from fairly disabled to functional in a day!

I can't compare this to what I might have experienced with the ropinirole but at this time I have my life back. This method, however, claims to eliminate sife effects. So far so good. It also claims to stop or drastically slow down the progression. Time will tell.
I have Parkinson's and I'm starting the same protocol you're using. I was curious how you were taking the D5 Mucuna 40%. Specifically, do you take it on an empty stomach, avoid protein until it's absorbed, etc. Any tips you've learned along the way would be greatly appreciated since I'm just starting this process.
Thanks
NoMedsNow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote