View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels43 View Post
I had an contrast pelvic MRI looking for Pudendal Neuralgia. I have Vulvodynia a very severe burning pain. The MRI diagnosis was this.

"There are
bilateral sacral Tarlov cysts seen at the S3 level measuring 1.4 cm
each, but of doubtful clinical significance."

Are those small cysts?
That was a year ago and decided to have my primary Dr. look at that MRI again. Could it cause damage nerves in the vulva area? It is nerves from what they told when I was diagnosed with Vulvodynia.
Jewels,

Isn't it interesting that "Vulvodynia" is a disease with "unknown etology"(in other words, they don't know what causes it!) You are right...your problem very definitely could be coming from the Tarlov Cyst(s) you have. In the sacrum is where all of the nerves leading to the bladder, bowels, genitals, pelvic floor, legs, etc...passes through. ANYTHING compressing nerves can cause pain, nerves to "misfire", or if left compressed long enough.....one can be left with permanent nerve damage to all of those areas.

I speak from experience. Research, research, research and find the best doctor you can and sell your soul if you have to, but seek advice from a doctor who knows about these cysts!

Size doesn't rule whether or not nerves are being crushed....neither does an MRI always report the fact that one has TC's...much less report the proper size of them....some are bigger than they appear on an MRI.

Good luck,
Cathy
cdauthier1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-30-2014)